|CLEAN BACK GOOD FOR DIGGING INTO HIS STATS|
WHILE EATING BRISKET.
THE FRONT PAGE
- If Brooks Robinson is president of my baseball kingdom, then John Boog Powell is the vice. Who doesn't love a player nicknamed "Boog''?
THE BACK PAGE
- If you were ever at Memorial Stadium, you know how far that left-center-field hedge was from home plate.
- He did indeed bounce back in '66, hitting 34 homers.
- Average at best. Taken at Yankee Stadium.
- I always thought Boog had a Mickey Mantle resemblance. Is it just me or is it because he's in Yankee Stadium?
- Met Boog at his barbecue stand beyond the right-field wall at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in 1992. Really nice man and the barbecue was terrific.
- Was watching a replay of Game 1 of the '70 World Series not long ago and was amazed at how hard he swung the bat. Yet, the most he ever struck out in a season was 125 times (in '66, by the way) but that was the only time in his career he was in triple-digits.
- Purchased this card off eBay a couple years ago.