|A RADIO PRODUCER MORE FAMOUS|
THAN A BA-BA BALLPLAYER? GO FIGURE.
|LIKE CLEMENTE, HIS FINAL CARD WRAPS UP HIS CAREER STATS.|
UNLIKE CLEMENTE, SAID CAREER WAS QUICKLY FORGOTTEN.
THE FRONT PAGE
- Gil Flores, a longtime minor-leaguer, played three seasons in the majors, beginning in 1977 with the Angels. His three-year Maj. Lea. Totals: .261 average, two home runs, 37 RBI.
- Oh, who am I kidding? He's being featured because he looks like The Howard Stern Show Executive Producer Gary Dell'Abate, aka "Baba Booey,'' ''Ta-Ta Toothy,'' "Ma-Ma Monkey,'' etc.
|MAKING HIS PITCH AS A WRITER.|
THE BACK PAGE
- A lot of time spent in the minor leagues chasing his dream without a lot of highlights along the way. Unlike Gary, who went straight from college to The Show, which is like skipping the minors.
- Flores definitely could be Booey's first cousin, at least.
- In addition to the resemblance to Flores, it's interesting to note that Gary is a Mets fan and infamously threw out the first ball at Citi Field in 2009. (I like how this Flores post has turned into a Baba Booey post.) "Baba Booey" is the sign-off to some of the greatest prank calls ever. This one is my favorite, from "Mr. Higgins'':