|ALL NATURAL SLUGGER.|
|CONCERNING THE TRIA QUIZ, THAT OCCURRED IN GAME 7.|
THE FRONT PAGE
- Dale Murphy displays his classic batting stance on damn nice looking card.
THE BACK PAGE
- Those last three stat lines are pretty amazing.
- Won back to back MVPs in '82 and '83 and finished ninth in '84.
- Added another 37 bombs in '85, with 111 RBI and a .300 average.
- If this photo was taken from the other side (looking at his back), I think he'd be a splitting image of the MLB logo.
- I think just about everyone likes Murph and it's unfortunate his numbers tailed off quickly at age 32 after a certain Hall of Fame middle of his career.
- Still, when I think "Dale Murphy,'' I think "Hall of Fame.''
- He hit 398 homers, won four Silver Slugger Awards and five Gold Gloves.
- Along with Roger Maris, he is the only eligible player with multiple MVP Awards not in Cooperstown.
- More food for thought: He led the league in home runs twice, slugging twice, runs once and walks once.
- And how much weight would you give for character? I know the Hall of Fame is not for choir boys, but seems to me Murph was the complete package.
|WHO AM I?|