Monday, January 9, 2012

'73 SET UPDATE 1

'73 ACTION SHOTS ARE HIT AND MISS;
THIS ONE'S A HIT.
STRIKE OFF ANOTHER HALL OF FAMER.

I attended the monthly card show Saturday in Hallandale Beach. I really like this show. It has a lot of vintage dealers and one, Sports Cards Plus, that has several albums divided by year of quality commons and stars.

I've basically completed my '74 and '75 baseball sets there and now I'm in overdrive to nail down '73. I snagged 35 Saturday to reach 80 percent completion. But a lot of high numbers await: 114 from Series 4 and 5.  And I still need Ryan, Mays, Yaz, Goose, Fisk and the final checklist card. At least I have the Schmidt rookie (purchased a long time ago before I decided to build the set).

When all the holes in the album are filled, I'm not officially done. I'll go back through and upgrade a handful and then focus on the blue team checklist cards. Those won't be cheap because, unlike the '74s, they had limited distribution.

I should finish this set this year, and when I do, I'll feature it on Cardboard Examiner.


PLAY AT THE PLAY NIRVANA.
TRY LOGOFF ON THOSE PESKY OUT OF DATE PHOTOS.
SPRAY, WIPE AND WITHIN SECONDS WATCH IT DISAPPEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment