|PRETTY GOOD HIGH-END EFFORT FROM FLEER.|
|HOWEVER, THE BACKGROUND ART IS A LITTLE CHEESY.|
THE FRONT PAGE
- Gregg Olson is my favorite reliever of all time. The reason? When the Orioles were my favorite team through the late '90s, I'd always draft him in my fantasy league and he always delivered saves.
THE BACK PAGE
- Everything is cool about the back except for the misalignment of the state graphic. That drives me crazy and makes it hard to read.
- '93 was Olson's last with the Birds; he saved 29 games but not before tearing a ligament in his elbow in August.
- This was an appropriate photo for his '93 card, showing in graphic detail the arm torque of pitching; no doubt he's throwing that famous curveball of his; no doubt doing this over the course of his career cost him that elbow ligament.
- In '89, Olson became the first reliever to win the AL Rookie of the Year.
- In '91 he combined with three others (Bob Milacki, Mike Flanagan and Mark Williamson) to toss a no-hitter against the A's.
- Olson made a nice comeback from his injury in '98, saving 30 games for the expansion Diamondbacks.
- In '08, he was elected to the Orioles Hall of Fame.
- Currently a scout for the Padres.