Monday, February 6, 2012

'73 UPDATE 2

GOTCHA: SERIES 1 IS MINE.
CHEER UP, YOU'LL BE
 A WORLD SERIES HERO ONE DAY.
I moved ever so closer to finishing this set on Saturday at the monthly card show in Hallandale Beach. I grabbed 26 more, finishing off Series 1, and lowering my magic number to 103.

I did most of the damage in Series 2 and 3; I'm six away from finishing the second series and four from knocking off 3. Then there's the 17 in Series 4 and the 76 from the last series.

Better bring my checkbook when I dig into Series 5.

At least I took care of the second-year Fisk, one of the pricier stars still on my list.

Anyway, it's nice to watch this set take shape and I'll continue updating its progress monthly. 


FERGIE AT A SUNNY SHEA STADIUM.


PROBABLY APPROPRIATE THE A'S
GOT THE COVETED NO. 500 CARD SLOT. 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! You're a lot closer to finishing this set than me. I have one double of that set, card #244 Ed Acosta, you want it, let me know and it's yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awfully kind of you. I do have Acosta, but thanks.

      Delete
  2. I love the way the A's went out of their way to alternate jersey colors. The 1981 version is similar:
    http://canthavetoomanycards.blogspot.com/2010/10/1981-topps-team-cards-not-like-rest.

    ReplyDelete