Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A NICE '71 TRIFECTA FROM THE BARGAIN BIN

SMILEY FACE'S DEBUT.
ANOTHER ROOKIE, THIS ONE
OF AN UNDERRATED CATCHER.
FREAKIN' TED WILLIAMS!
AND HE'S OUT-SMILING GARVEY?
There's a great dealer at the monthly card show that has some of the best high-end vintage cards I've ever seen. And best of all, a lot of them aren't graded and locked away in those crappy plastic holders.

I'll grade my own cards, thank you.

Anyway, he also has a bargain bin, and let's just say a lot of these vintage beauties stacked neatly in a cardboard box would be in most other dealers' glass cases.

I scored three of them Saturday for $25 in my very, very, very early stages of building the '71 set.

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking cards. I have always loved that picture of Williams.

    ReplyDelete