|THE FIRST PAGE: 1974 WAS ALL ABOUT HANK.|
THUMBING THROUGH THE SET
|ROBINSON DOES HIS BEST TO EMBODY TRADED GOOFINESS.|
BILLBOARD'S No. 1 SONG
- The Way We Were, Barbra Streisand.
SONG I MOST IDENTIFY WITH THIS SET
- Rock Your Baby, George McCrae.
|LET'S SEE, YOU HAVE 2 HOFers, A TEAM CHECKLIST, A TRADED|
CARD AND A WASHINGTON "NAT'L LEAG.'' I LIKE THIS PAGE.
- Patricia Hearst, 19-year-old daughter of publisher Randolph Hearst, is kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army on Feb. 5.
|LOTS OF STAR POWER HERE: SEAVER, CEPEDA, MORGAN AND JENKINS.|
- The House Judiciary Committee adopts three articles of impeachment on July 30, charging President Richard Nixon with obstruction of justice, failure to uphold laws and refusal to produce material subpoenaed by the committee; Nixon resigns on Aug. 8.
|INTERESTING PRACTICE SWING BY GERONIMO; |
YOGI CARDS ALWAYS MAKE ME SMILE.
- New President Gerald Ford grants "free and absolute pardon'' to ex-President Nixon on Sept. 8.
|CUBS TEAM CARDS WERE ALWAYS INTERESTING.|
- OPEC ends the oil embargo on March 18 that began in 1973.
|THE STARS ARE DIMMED BY JUTZE'S EYE BLACK; |
THAT'S AN ABSOLUTE KILLER SHOT OF MARICHAL.
- The Sting wins Best Picture at the Oscars.
|EIGHT OF THE NINE ALL-STAR CARD BACKS COMPLETE |
A BOBBY BONDS PUZZLE. KINDA COOL, HUH?
- Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack wins Record of the Year.
|IT WAS GETTING OLD WATCHING THE A'S WIN IT ALL.|
- Innervisions by Stevie Wonder wins Album of the Year.
|WINFIELD ON HIS ROOKIE CARD:|
"I LOOK LIKE A FLY IN A JAR OF MUSTARD.''
- The Godfather Part II opens on Dec. 20 and becomes the greatest movie, sequel and prequel ever, according to me.
|MADLOCK, DOWNING, WHITE AND TANANA |
WERE JUST STARTING REALLY GOOD CAREERS.
- The Oakland A's win their third consecutive World Series, defeating the Los Angeles Dodgers in five games on Oct. 17.
|TRADED? GONZALEZ'S CARD SHOULD SCREAM "WANTED.''|
- The Miami Dolphins win their second consecutive Super Bowl, defeating the Minnesota Vikings 24-7 in Super Bowl VIII on Jan. 13.
|THE BACK OF THE ALL-STAR CATCHERS CARD.|