Monday, March 19, 2012

SPRING TRAINING FOR SOME, SPRING CLEANING FOR OTHERS

I FOUND THIS INSIDE A BOX OF BOOKS AND PERIODICALS.
I don't have that large of a memorabilia collection, especially when compared to most of you. I'm a discriminating collector, I tell myself. It's not because I live in a house too small to turn an entire room into a museum.

That doesn't mean I don't have to reorganize and straighten up my memorabilia closet from time to time, and it's what I did recently. Because my wife and I moved from a larger house to a much smaller one more than 10 years ago, a lot of it is stored in boxes, some I haven't gone through in a long time. I found some stuff I forgot I had, like the Al Oliver ball, and earned new appreciation for others.

Over the next week, I'm going to highlight a couple finds and share some memories. Maybe I'll even motivate you to organize or reorganize your collection. 

Who knows? You might just find something cool, too, and you'll probably earn a few points from your wife or significant other for initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment