Monday, April 9, 2012

'73 UPDATE 4

I REMEMBER THOSE SPALDING GLOVES.
I picked up 13 high-numbered cards at Saturday's show, addressing a major void.

Of the 13, seven were commons from the final series. I also picked up two lower-numbered cards, No. 258 Tommy John and No. 350 Tom Seaver, one of the last few stars I need; both also finished pages, something that gives me a little thrill. One of the commons also finished another page. I'm on a roll.

THOSE OLD-SCHOOL RANGER UNIS
COMBINED WITH SATINY WINDBREAKER

 EQUALS COOL.
I also nabbed six from the fourth series. If you're keeping score at home, I have 82 percent of the set. I'm missing 30 from the fourth and 71 from the fifth. The biggest star I'm searching for is No. 220 Nolan Ryan.

ONE YEAR BEFORE A CERTAIN SURGICAL PROCEDURE.
My usual connection wasn't there this month, so I figured I'd be shut out. Another dealer whom I've gotten a lot of bargain star cards from had a box of nice '73 commons, along with the John and Seaver. I'm planning on making a major push to dent this set next month.

THOSE SIDEBURNS ARE OUT OF SIGHT.

STROM'S MISSING LOGO WAS THE METS SCRIPT.

THAT LITTLE DUDE ON THE RIGHT IS A BRAVES TEAM CARD REGULAR.


No comments:

Post a Comment