|ONLY THING MISSING IS A FLAG PIN ON HIS JERSEY.|
|LARKIN HAS SAID THAT .143 OLYMPIC AVERAGE |
MOTIVATED HIM TO IMPROVE.
WHY I LIKE IT
- It's the only card I know of depicting Barry Larkin as an '84 Olympian. The card (and set) has nice eye appeal.
WHAT'S THE STORY?
- Along with Will Clark, Larkin was an amateur at the time the '85 U.S. Olympic subset was produced by Topps, so he didn't have a card then. This makes up for it, seven years later.
HOW I ACQUIRED IT
- Dairy Queen gave away packs of these cards that feature players from the '84, '88 and '92 teams with the purchase of an evil frozen tub of butter fat.
- I built the 33-card set while gaining about a pound for every other card acquired and suffering numerous brain freezes and wearing a lactose mustache for a week straight.
- I lost the extra pounds and eventually wiped my lip but managed to hang on to the set.