Wednesday, September 26, 2012

ODDBALL ROLL CALL: 1993 MILK BONE KEN CAMINITI

A THIRD BASEMAN'S BEST FRIEND.


BAILEY LIKES HAVING A CATCH? THAT FIGURES.

WHY I LIKE IT

  • This 20-card set was ahead of its time, combining canines with the local nine. Seems like every team nowadays features at least one take your dog to the park day. 
  • Ken Caminiti's story is tragic and I consider his coming out about steroids in Sports Illustrated in an '02 cover story the defining moment of the PED era.

WHAT'S THE STORY?

  • A cello-wrapped card was included in boxes of Milk Bone dog treats. Our dog at the time, a Lab-mix named Trixie, very much enjoyed these snacks, along with just about anything else that wasn't welded down in the house. I very much enjoy the cards.

HOW I ACQUIRED IT

  • Through a mail-in offer on the box. I love how the backs have the dog stats and likes included. Bailey's vaccination records would've been nice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment