Monday, October 8, 2012

FINISHED BUSINESS

ALL-STAR BROOKS ROBINSON. INDEED.
A GREAT '62 SUBSET.
It's a great feeling to finish off a set, so you can imagine how pleased I was when I killed two Saturday after a stop at the Dania Beach Card Show.

I picked up the last four 2012 Topps Archives singles. I'm still a ways from getting all of the short prints, Cloth Stickers, Deckle Edge, In Action and 3D inserts, but I even picked up a few of those and Series 2 '87 minis (now down to five).


GETTING THERE SLOWLY BUT SURELY.
And I secured the final five cards to finish the second series of  the '12 Topps set. Along with the first series, this is the first main set I've built in quite some time. It was a lot of work. Not sure I'll do it again. There's a 330-card Update set that's just been released, you say, making this a 990-card undertaking? Forget about it. I'll either ignore it or buy a completed series. 


LOVE THIS IMAGE.
I acquired two more '73 high-numbers, so I'm down to six, but I'll also go searching for the blue team checklist cards; that might take a while.
ONE OF THE LAST ONES I NEEDED.
Not done yet, I found an Excellent '62 Brooks Robinson All-Star and an Excellent '62 Harmon Killebrew Orbit cards. I dig the '62s and it's not just because they're from the year I was born. They have that antique vintage look and those classic wooden bat borders.


DITTO.
To round out my day at the show, I bought a box of 100 UltraPro pages for under $20, so it was one of the best card show hauls in a long time.
THE MICK IN 3D -- SORT OF.

No comments:

Post a Comment