|BO STRIPPED DOWN.|
|EVEN A STAT GUY LIKE ME APPRECIATES THIS.|
THE FRONT PAGE
- The best of two Bo Jackson Score cards from the 1990 Score set. This iconic image was first used on the Nike poster "The Ball Player.'' Somehow, I never had this card back in the day. Of course, it would've cost much more than it did recently from COMC. If you don't have this card, you should.
THE BACK PAGE
- About says it all, doesn't it?
- Other than the Score logo, there's no type to distract from the image. Less is definitely more.
- Jackson was coming off his breakout "Bo Knows" season in '89, when he made the All-Star team and hit 32 homers, drove in 105 runs and led the league with 172 strikeouts.
- In '90, he hit 28 homers, drove in 78 and batted a career-high .272.
- Then came the hip injury while playing for the Raiders and his release from the Royals in March 1991. He then played for the White Sox and Angels after his surgery, but he was never again Bo, The Ball Player.
- Bo recently celebrated his 50th birthday. Fifty!? Welcome to the club, big guy.
- The Nike commercials were simply the best marketing campaign ever for a professional athlete. Here's the full-length version of Bo Knows. I could and still can watch this sucker over and over.