Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A SATISFIED COMC CUSTOMER

MOST OF THESE AUTOGRAPHS ARE REALLY NICE.
I've had an account set up at Check Out My Cards since the beginning of November after reading numerous bloggers' glowing reviews of the site. The idea of purchasing cards and letting them collect to save on shipping was appealing and a great alternative to eBay.

And the deals were screaming.

I was about to have a stash of Topps Archives SPs, inserts and a few other singles shipped when the site announced its Black Friday deals, including free and reduced shipping. So I held off and picked up even better deals during that weekend.

While tempted then to write about the awesome experience, I held off until I received my shipments. After all, if my cards came looking like they were packed by a rabid chimp, so much for the great deals. I received my first in a box late last week and my second in an envelop Monday, all arriving quickly and shipped neatly and securely.


ALWAYS WANTED THE SPACEMAN'S
AUTOGRAPH,  MINE FOR $9.
Now I can say what a pleasant experience it was, from account creation, to card buying to shipment. COMC, you have a customer for life.

The website is easy to navigate and search. With patience, there are terrific deals to be had. Throw the Beckett price guide out the window. A lot of the cards I sought were already priced reasonably but buying several from one seller is a good excuse to use the make offer option. Each time, my offer was accepted.

My initial lot was eligible for reduced but not free shipping. After closing that out, I bought several Archives reprints that were on sale during Black Friday weekend, plus a few autographed inserts -- including the Wally Backman for $2.95 -- as part of my second transaction, which was eligible for free shipping. 

The communication from COMC was terrific. I emailed a question during Black Friday weekend about my account and it was responded to within an hour. The customer-service staff must have been busy as hell. 


GOT ALL OF THE CLOTH INSERTS, THANKS TO COMC.
The only thing I'd criticize would be high-grade vintage card selection, but that will improve when more sellers discover the site. Until then, eBay is still the way to go, specifically Greg Morris Cards.

For everything else, it's COMC all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment