|COLLATING AND STACKING SKILLS ARE NOT UP TO STANDARDS.|
It's that time of year when many cardboard colleagues announce their collecting resolutions for 2014. I've never really understood that. Goals and a deadline to meet them? Sounds like the final segment of a job performance evaluation. Being a model employee in the blog business, here are five heading into my third year at The Cardboard Examiner:
1. COLLATE AND STACK WITH GREATER EFFICIENCY
- Improve speed of taking a large pile of a year's cards and putting it in numerical order.
2. ORGANIZE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE
- Don't really know what this means but it sounds purposeful.
3. THIN THE INVENTORY
- Strategically line up trash receptacle, slide neatly stacked doubles from table.
4. PLAN NEST EGG
- Devour the Investing for Dummies series and mentally sub "Gem Mint 10 graded cards'' for stocks, ''dead Hall of Famer autographs'' for real estate and "game-used equipment'' for precious metals. Along those lines ...
5. SELL MORE, BUY LESS
- Yeah, right.
HAPPY NEW YEAR